Re: Compiling GCC-2.95 and other programs

> What version of GCC?  If you are talking about 2.95.x, can you give
> details, since there isn't a powerepc-netbsd config option for that
> compiler.  (I have created one and I am successfully building and running
> cross-compiled kernels using 2.95.3, as I wrote earlier...)

The cross compiler builds from pkgsrc, as of approximately last November.
The native compiler is from -current-20010119.  gcc --version yields:

        i386-netbsd -> powerpc-netbsd cross:    egcs-2.91.60
        powerpc-netbsd native:                  egcs-1.1.2

I don't remember how these egcs version numbers map onto gcc numbers, but
someone told me that gnu.org has a version number roadmap.  I haven't paid
much attention because I seldom have difficulties.

The cross compiler gets a good flog every time I rebuild the system, and
never gives any difficulty.  The native compiler has been used to build bash
(and required dependencies) from pkgsrc, again without problem.

What sort of problems are you having?

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.