Re: Compiling GCC-2.95 and other programs

> I get the feeling from browsing the archives, that compiling with NetBSD -
> PowerPC - 603e CPU creates many potential problems I don't know about yet.

Can you be more specific about the problems you are having?

> I would appreciate it if anyone could give me a few pointers. Is this
> list a good place to ask or should I concentrate on the lists for the
> programs themselves?

Try tech-pkg and netbsd-help as well.

> Is there a major obstacle that I'm missing?

I have built gcc both as an i386 -> powerpc cross and as a powerpc native
complier, and haven't observed any problems.  Make sure you use the ones in
the tree or in pkgsrc, however, since these have been patched as necessary
to integrate them with NetBSD.

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.