Subject: Compiling GCC-2.95 and other programs
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: None <josh@ssimr.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 05/16/2001 20:05:49
I installed NetBSD 1.5 the MacPPC NetBSD port on a PowerMacintosh
6500/300. I want to compile as many of the programs I use as I can. I
noticed that certain large programs as well as newer versions of some
existing ones seem to create all sorts of problems.

I was overly encouraged when emacs compiled without any problems. The
two I'm have trouble with are teTex and GCC. Both are large and have
one or more of their own lists. I get the feeling from browsing the
archives, that compiling with NetBSD - PowerPC - 603e CPU creates many
potential problems I don't know about yet.

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me a few pointers. Is this
list a good place to ask or should I concentrate on the lists for the
programs themselves? Is there a major obstacle that I'm missing?

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@ssimr.com