Re: Separating PowerPC 4xx and 6xx arch-specific code

At 02:46 PM 4/10/2001 +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
Folks,

We (Wasabi) are working on a port to a 4xx series PowerPC board, and in
the interests of sharing as much code as possible between the 4xx family
and the 6xx/7xx family I'd like to propose adding some new kernel config
options.  What I'm thinking of is:

IBM 4xx?

 + Adding to the kernel config file(s):

        options         ARCH_4xx        # PowerPC 400 family
        options         ARCH_6xx        # PowerPC 600/700 family

ARCH_IBM? ARCH_MOTO? :)

 + Defopt'ing these in files.powerpc as

        defopt  opt_arch.h      ARCH_4xx ARCH_6xx

Exactly what are the differences that need to differentiated?
--
Matt Thomas               Internet:   matt%3am-software.com@localhost