Re: pmap_zero_page()

In message <20010201145938.A29793%canolog.ninthwonder.com@localhost>, Allen
Briggs said:
;arch/powerpc/powerpc/pmap.c defines pmap_zero_page() as:
;void
;pmap_zero_page(pa)
;...

Funny how things like this go in cycles.  I just asked this same
question a day or two ago (it should be in the archive).

Anyway, I just realized at about 11pm last night that the reason
I'm getting the exception is because the data cache is not enabled.

I don't think you want pmap_zero_page() to generate a fault because
the the "dcbz" loop is there to make it faster.  Handling the
alignment exception is more expensive than the bzero() call.  (you
have the overhead of the context switch plus the bzero)

-Tad