Subject: Re: TRAP CALL IN CASE OF POWERPC
To: David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com>
From: karan khanna <karan@cdotd.ernet.in>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 08/19/2000 11:16:58
--------------1EB1F828B15A1EC00762D3AF

--------------19770314054F3D3AC6AEC14C

David Edelsohn wrote:

> karan> Can any body tell me how various TRAP calls ,which were implemented
> karan> earlier in previous versions of
> karan> Motorolla micro processors viz-68k family, can be implemented in case of
> karan> POWERPC.
> karan> There were many trap vectors provided in case of 68K family but in PPC
> karan> only one
> karan> unconditional trap is available. How can rest unconditional traps be
> karan> implemented.
>
>         Pass a parameter in a register recognized by the trap handler if
> the trap was caused by a trap instruction?
>
> David

This could be true if we could have the flexibility to pass a parameter but when I
want to use trap as a breakpoint instruction i.e replace the instruction by a
simple trap call and also for similar more purposes. Is there any possible way
out??

karan

When the going gets tough...
        The tough get going.

--------------19770314054F3D3AC6AEC14C

David Edelsohn wrote:
in case of
but in PPC
traps be
recognized by the trap handler if
This could be true if we could have the flexibility to pass a parameter
but when I want to use trap as a breakpoint instruction i.e replace the
instruction by a simple trap call and also for similar more purposes. Is
there any possible way out??
<pre>--&nbsp;

When the going gets tough...
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The tough get going.

***************************************************************************</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--------------19770314054F3D3AC6AEC14C--

--------------1EB1F828B15A1EC00762D3AF