blue and white G3 install

Hi All,

Anyone got tips on installing NetBSD 1.4.2 on a blue and white G3?

Net-booting isn't an option for me and I don't have the CD-ROM.

I tried to format a zip disk on a Linux machine, then put the install floppy
files (including boot.fs)

In open firmware I type
> boot zip:0

This doesn't work and I suspect it's because NetBSD doesn't understand
Apple's partition map and my zip has such a partiion map.

Is there a ramdisk option or some other way to get this sucker booted into
an installer?

Louis