Netbsd1.4.2 won't boot from sd0 on Power Mac 7600/120

Hello, I've been trying to get Netbsd 1.4.2 for Power Mac to work on a
7600/120 with Apple/Quantum Fireball 1.2GB hard disk. After a successful
install, when the system reboots it just sits there displaying the disk
icon with a question mark.

My installation process was as follows:

Download ISO disc image of netbsd 1.4.2 from ftp.fsn.hu
/pub/CDROM-Images/netbsd
Create ISO CD from disc image with Toast
Download boot.fs from install directory for macppc
Create boot floppy in A/UX with dd command, 'dd if=boot.fs
of=/dev/rfloppy0'
Run SystemDisk (patched) to update open firmware so it will run on local
video/keyboard
Boot into open firmware with command-option-o-f keys down
Enter boot fd:0 command from keyboard
Changed partitions so that / was 500 MB and /usr was balance of usable
space after 256MB swap
Installed everything including X, it finds CD and installs
After reboot, removed floppy and CD
Disk icon with question mark appears

The installation process was relatively simple and seemed to indicate the
system should boot into single-user mode after restart. I also read some
info about changing the base address in open firmware, but this had no
effect so I did a PRAM zap, low level formatted the drive, installed the
Open firmware patch and reinstalled from scratch. Same problem.

--
Jim Ferr, Support Analyst, Apple Canada
Phone: (905) 513-5617