Re: NetBSD and MCS based RS6000 machines

As far as I know that MCA stuff is still under patent, you know those thousands
of patients IBM is so famous for :-) Anyway, I assume this will mean NDA
territory...

Maybe now that IBM is going after the Linux market in such a big way they
might change that to get a Linux port for the MCA boxes. Maybe then GPL will
come the the rescue and let us have access... all pigs standing by and ready
for take off.

If there is anyone with access to IBM literature, they might find the following
useful:

        POWERserver Hardware Technical Information General Architectures
        IBM Publication Number (SA23-2643-02)
(This book was written by Steve Thurber, anyone know if he is still with IBM?)

another reference is:

        RISC System/6000 PowerPC System Architecture
        circa 1994. Sorry no publication info...

--et