Subject: Re: 7300/200 Weirdness...
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/12/2000 00:09:22
First of all, you had better off sending to port-macppc instead of
port-powerpc. Port-powerpc is for the generic powerpc ports
(although audience may be the same).

S> Machine:        PowerPC 7300/200

 I would like to know the version of Open Firmware, presumably
1.0.5, just curious.

S> 1.)  Setting output device in OF to /chaos/control has worked twice out of
S> about ~60 boots.  I'm getting fed up of operating from a serial

 I am totally not sure, but with 7500+ 604e/100 cards, I had
unstable starting up to get /chaos/control to work. Initialization
(by Open Firmware) may not be done properly. I don't know who to blame.

S> And I'm REALLY confused by the dev tree.... I can find no listing of ATY or

  Sorry, I have no idea, but if you post the whole listing (after you
get serial setup and feel easy to copy them), it would be nice,
someone will help.

S> 2.)  I just cannot get the boot floppy to work; I've had various stages of
S> success but the furthest I got was about 0.5 seconds of booting then the
S> spinning progress line.  Then that's it, nothing.

What does screen say exactly ? just spinnig the line and continue
forever ? ( at least a couple of minutes ? )

---
(Makoto Fujiwara), Chiba, Japan