Subject: RE: RS6000 support
To: Jorge Alberto Vieyra Salas <el_oso@eros.pquim.unam.mx>
From: Ernst J. du Toit <et1@attglobal.net>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 12/02/1999 22:34:41
Hi Jorge

Reported on http://daily.daemonnews.org/view_story.php3?story_id=137
was an posting of the IBM Personal Power Series 830 now booting diskless and
further development in the pipeline.

The 830 also appeared as the RS/6000 Model 43P (7248-100/120/133), so if you
happen to have one of those around you can join in the development. As for the
other boxes... only the PCI based machines seems feasable in the short term.
Getting details on the MCA implementation of the older RS/6000 boxes might
prove the challange.

--et

E-Mail: Ernst J. du Toit <et1@attglobal.net>
Date: 02-Dec-99