Re: egcs

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Kazuki Sakamoto wrote:

> Well, I made package for NetBSD/powerpc cross compile env.
> ftp://www.cec.co.jp/usr/sakamoto/NetBSD/experiment/crossppc-1.1.tgz

Thanks! I kinda have it working. As an aside, it took two tries to get it
right. The first attempt only got a partially untarred, and things didn't
work when I manually untarred it. Making clean & retrying succeded.
Almost.

I've found one buggie. The make file suggests using
/usr/pkg/lib/gcc-lib/egcs-2.90.29/cpp for cpp (rather than say
powerpc-netbsd-gcc -E). But that cpp doesn't define __GNUC__ while
powerpc-netbsd-gcc -E does. Since a number of things in sys/cdefs.h test
for __GNUC__, I'm not sure about the output we'd get. Oh, the cpp in
gcc-2.7.2.3 doesn't define __GNUC__ either.

Also, I can't get lint happy with src/lib/libc/gen/err.c. Here's what I
get:

lint -chapbxz -d /altroot_macppc//usr/include -DNLS -DYP -DLIBC_SCCS -DSYSLIBC_S
CCS -D_REENTRANT -I/src/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DRESOLVSORT -D
POSIX_MISTAKE -DFLOATING_POINT -i /y2/cur.build/src/lib/libc/gen/err.c
err.c(66): syntax error
err.c(66): __words undefined
err.c(66): warning: expression has null effect
err.c(58): warning: argument eval unused in function _err
err.c(58): warning: argument fmt unused in function _err
err.c(66): syntax error
err.c(75): incomplete or misplaced function definition
err.c(75): redeclaration of _verr
err.c(75): warning: old style declaration; add int
err.c(76): syntax error
*** Error code 1

Any ideas? Also, since lint is using the host cpp (AND it seems to be
defining things according to MACHINE and MACHINE_ARCH at its build time),
how much will that screw things up?

Is lint not ready for cross-compiling? Why did it work for my mac68k
cross-compile?

Take care,

Bill