Subject: Re: READ ME: ABI issue
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 05/06/1998 22:59:54

>> Remember that AIX PowerOpen ABI uses TOC and XCOFF versus GOT and
>> ELF.  Creating a stub TOC and translating between TOC and GOT for
>> addressibility might be a little tricky, but not impossible.

Jason> Oh, well, the way we do this sort of thing for other emulations is let
Jason> THEIR dynamic linker (running under emulation) deal.

	If you mean something like /usr/libexec/ld.so, AIX does not have
such a beast.  All AIX code is position-independent using TOC and the
kernel loader handles all executable fixup and addressibility.

David