Subject: Re: Serious breakage in latest PowerMac snapshot
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@mit.edu>
From: David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 03/12/1998 13:35:08
>>>>> Charles M Hannum writes:

Charles> It's conceivable that there's a compiler bug lurking in here.  GCC 2.7
Charles> definitely has problems on the PowerPC with 64-bit values, and this
Charles> only seems to happen with NFS, not with other network traffic.

	Is there any progress toward using EGCS-1.0 (GCC-2.8) on NetBSD?
At least for the PowerPC port?  One really needs EGCS and post-2.8.1 beta
releases of binutils (e.g., H.J. Lu's Linux releases) to get everything
right for non-AIX PowerPC.  I don't know if this is causing the specific
problem we are discussing, but it could be causing any number of lingering
bugs.

David