Re: powermac snapshot.

In message
<Pine.BSF.3.96.980219090240.1236A-100000%mars.abcinternet.net@localhost>, Dan
Jacobowitz writes:
>There is no kernel or bootloader included - still haven't quite booted it,
>myself - but a snapshot built with MACHINE == powermac is on
>ftp.abcinternet.net/NetBSD .

Cool!  Am I out of line to infer that it may be worth considering a powermac
as my next desktop Unix?

Alternatively, what else are people doing for desktop PPC systems?  Would
something like a UMAX be better, or am I wrong to be looking at Mac vendors
at all?  Ideally, I'd like a fastish 604, or a G3 (hah!) system, or something
comparable, but I haven't really seen much but Macs.

-s