Re: Patches to make the tree cross-compilable

At 6:07 PM -0400 2/16/98, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>[cross post since this subject came up earlier today on port-powerpc]
>
>Howdy!
>
>While procrastinating on this (US) holiday weekend, I've gotten together
>some patches I've made to make the whole tree cross-compilable. I've put
>them up on
>ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/wrstuden/cross-compiling/cross-diffs.gz
>
>There's a README which describes things more. I think they are complete,
>but I might have snipped the don't-compile-tn3270 patch as it's a hack,
>and tn3270 should be fixed. :-)
>
>Please let me know what you think of (is wrong with :-) these patches.
>
>Take care,
>
>Bill

Oddly, on FreeBSD-i386, gcc compiled perfectly fine.  ksh, however did not;
don't expect it to work on anything but NetBSD-*.  You might want to
comment it out.

I also noticed several warnings, probably erroneous, from gas about
possible unsafe uses of mktemp().  gcc-2.8 completely refused to compile
libg++ because of stricter ANSI compliance; binutils warned me several
times about "operand out of range: 32 is not between 0 and 31" on a swli
instruction which had no 32 in it at all.  Go figure.

Dan

| Dan Jacobowitz                 | drow%drow.net@localhost                    |
|  Administrator Extraordinaire  | Web site coming someday          |
| My opinions are my own -       | Day Job: http://www.wwwcomm.com  |
| My mistakes are someone else's |                                  |