Re: powermac progress

At 12:42 PM -0400 2/8/98, Tsubai Masanari wrote:
>>> I have managed to write drivers for ncr53c94 and PCI bridge.
>>> (perhaps, many bugs exist yet...)
>>>
>>> I will put the sources on my ftp server tomorrow (I can't access to
>>> cvs yet.)
>
>>Tell me when you do, and I'll commit the latest arch/powermac.  I have a
>>couple of ideas about that...
>
>I put it to ftp://nandra.iri.co.jp/pub/NetBSD/powermac/ .
>
>* PCI code can probe PCI devices, but no card is tested.
>* 53c94 doesn't use interrupts for now. (SCSI_POLL only.  slow...)
>* There are many quick hacks.  I must rewrite them later... :-)
>
>Now my PM9600 boots to multi-user mode.

To get this to compile I had to edit include/pmap.h and add this line (I
THINK it's right):

#define vtophys(va)     ((int)(pmap_extract(pmap_kernel(), (vm_offset_t)va)))

Haven't tried booting yet, will later.

Dan

| Dan Jacobowitz                 | drow%drow.net@localhost                    |
|  Administrator Extraordinaire  | Web site coming someday          |
| My opinions are my own -       | Day Job: http://www.wwwcomm.com  |
| My mistakes are someone else's |                                  |