Subject: Re: cvs for powermac work
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_Sunagawa@yokogawa.co.jp>
From: Dan Jacobowitz <youngdrow@geocities.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 02/04/1998 23:06:38
At 11:47 PM -0400 2/4/98, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:
>Dan Jacobowitz <youngdrow@geocities.com>  wrote:
>
>Dan> The repository right now contains plain old NetBSD-1.3
>Dan> /sys (since -current doesn't compile right now).  Most
>Dan> changes will probably be in /sys/dev and
>Dan> /sys/arch/power{pc,mac}.
>
>Dan> It looks like powermac is indeed going to need its own
>Dan> tree.
>
>Dan> Any thoughts?
>
>Kazuki Sakamoto and I talked about it yesterday, and got
>same conclusion.  We also thought that dev/powerpc should
>contains processor specific code like m68k or mips,
>dev/{bebox,powermac,etc.} should contain architecture
>specific ones.

Thoughts from the list?

I personally think this would be a WONDERFUL idea, but perhaps too much
work.  Any beboxers with a comment on that?

I think it's an idea to hold on to, but perhaps to worry about later on.

Dan

| Dan Jacobowitz                 | drow@drow.net                    |
|  Administrator Extraordinaire  | Web site coming someday          |
| My opinions are my own -       | Day Job: http://www.wwwcomm.com  |
| My mistakes are someone else's |                                  |