Subject: Re: Single user mode came up on Power Macintosh (resend)
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_Sunagawa@yokogawa.co.jp>
From: Dan Jacobowitz <youngdrow@geocities.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/28/1998 21:34:10
At 9:53 PM -0400 1/28/98, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:
>Hmm...  It seemed that I failed to post this message.  Sorry
>if you get it multiple.

Yep, but no problem :)

>Tsubai Masanari who ported NetBSD onto sun3x and SONY news
>has successfully done the work of coming up the single user
>mode on his Power Macintosh 9600/200.  He said that it uses
>Apple partition map and first boot code from linux-pmac.
>
>He also said that the code will be soon available after
>cleaning up.

Darn, he beat me to it.  If not for my development machines constantly
going down I could have had it done by now...something's funky with my MSR
modification, though (hangs WAY too soon...)

>Daniel, it seems that we should discus cooperation?

Certainly.  I'd like to use as little of the linux boot code as possible;
possible my work and his can be combined.  Let's see what we can do!

Dan.

| Dan Jacobowitz                 | drow@drow.net                    |
|  Administrator Extraordinaire  | Web site coming someday          |
| My opinions are my own -       | Day Job: http://www.wwwcomm.com  |
| My mistakes are someone else's |                                  |