Re: Mounting root device

Jason Thorpe <thorpej%nas.nasa.gov@localhost> wrote:

Jason> The Mac partition maps are not grok'd by
Jason> NetBSD/powerpc.  It _does_ understand DOS-style MBR
Jason> partition maps, however.  This is that PPCP
Jason> specifies.

Oh, I understand.  I'll make DOS disk in my office and
report the result tonight.

Jason> The reason for this is likely because you don't have
Jason> any device nodes on the msdos file system (msdosfs
Jason> doesn't have device nodes).  Perhaps you could make a
Jason> root floppy that has a cd9660 file system, and
Jason> populate it's /dev?

Hmm.  I'll try.  BTW, where are the difinitions of device
number of the powerpc port?

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun%ba2.so-net.or.jp@localhost>
Happy Hacking!