Subject: -- GET -RICH- IN 5 WEEKS ONLY
To: None <muc-lists-netbsd-port-powerpc@uunet.uu.net>
From: Paulo Lopes <paulo_lopes69@hotmail.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/13/1998 13:15:50
ARE YOU READY TO GET $50,000 IN 5 WEEKS ONLY WITH JUST 6 BUCKS !!!??

The fact that so many people have taken the time to post to 250
newsgroups or more should
convince you that this one REALLY works!!!!!

Be HONEST and FAIR and you will make money!
Sure is a lot of mail though!

THANKS FOR READING !
PLEASE READ ON ABOUT SOMEONE WHO IS SUCCESSFUL AT THIS
AND HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL ALSO:
(The rest is the original)

A little while back, I was browsing these newsgroups, just like you
are now, and came across an article similar to this that said you could
make thousands of dollars within weeks with only an initial investment
of $6.00! So I thought, "Yeah, right, this must be a scam!", but like
most of us, I was curious. Like most of us, I kept reading. Anyway, it
said that if you send $1.00 to each of the 6 names and addresses stated
in the article, you could make thousands in a very short period of
time. You then place your own name and address at the bottom of the
list at #6, and post the article to at least 200 newsgroups.(There are
about 22,000.)

No catch, that was it.

Even though the investment was a measly $6, I had three questions
that needed to be answered before I could get involved in this sort of
thing.

1. IS THIS REALLY LEGAL??

I called a lawyer first. The lawyer was a little skeptical that I
would actually make any money but he said it WAS LEGAL if I wanted to
try it. I told him it sounded a lot like a chain letter but the
details of the system (SEE BELOW) actually made it a legitimate legal
business.

2. Would the Post Office be ok with this....I called them:
1-800-725-2161 and they confirmed THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! (See Title
18,h sections1302 NS 1341 of Postal Lottery Laws). This clarifies the
program of collecting names and addresses for a mailing list.

3. Is this moral? Well, everyone who sends me a buck has a good
chance of getting A LOT of money ... a much better chance than buying a
lottery ticket!!!

So, having these questions answered, I invested EXACTLY $7.92 ... six
$1.00 bills and six 32 cent postage stamps ... and boy am I glad I
did!!!

Within 7 days, I started getting money in the mail! I was shocked! I
still figured it would end soon, and didn't give it another thought.
But the money just continued coming in. In my first week, I made about
$20.00 to $30.00 dollars. By the end of the second week I had a mad
total of $1,000.00. In the third week I had over $10,000.00 and it was
still growing. This is now my fourth week and I have made a total of
just over $42,000.00 and it's still coming in .....

It's certainly worth $6.00 and 6 stamps !!!

So now I'm reposting this so I can make even more money! The *ONLY*
thing stopping *ANYONE* from enriching their own bank account is pure
laziness ! It took me all of 5 MINUTES to print this out, follow the
directions, and begin posting to newsgroups. It took me a mere 45
minutes to post to over 200 newsgroups. And for this GRAND TOTAL
investment of $7.92 (US) and under ONE HOUR of my time, I have reaped
an incredible amount of money -- like nothing I've ever even heard of
anywhere before !

Let me tell you how this works, and most importantly, why it works.
Also, make sure you print a copy of this article now, so you can get
the information off of it when you need it. The process is very simple
and consists of THREE easy steps.

============
HOW IT WORKS
============

Mail the 6 envelopes to the following addresses:

STEP 1:
------

Get 6 separate pieces of paper and write the following on each
piece of paper:

PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.
$1 US DOLLAR PROCESSING FEE IN ENCLOSED.

(THIS IS KEY AS THIS IS WHAT MAKES IT LEGAL SINCE YOU ARE PAYING FOR
AND LATER OFFERING A SERVICE).

Now get 6 $1.00 bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of
paper so the bill will not be seen through the envelope to prevent
theft/robbery (Add one chemical paper for example;this will turn your
bill invisible and the letter still light).
Then, place one paper in each of the 6 envelopes and
seal them. You should now have 6 sealed envelopes, each with a piece of
paper stating the above phrase and a U.S. $1.00 bill.

#1 Fabian Eckert
   520 Ave. A Circle
   Odessa, TX  79763
   USA
#2 R Steeves
    RR#3  4160  Yellowpoint Rd.
    Ladysmith, B.C.
    V0R 2E0   CANADA
#3 Pj Type
    413 Edinburgh Lane
    West Dundee, IL  60118
    USA
#4 George C.
     5004 S. Eastern #407
     Oklahoma City, OK  73129
#5 K.D.W
     1901 Switzerland
     Plano,TX    75025
     USA
#6 Diana Geraldes
     R. Tomas Anunciacao Nš36 /cv
     2675 Odivelas
     Portugal

STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move
the other names up (6 becomes 5, 5 becomes 4, etc...) and add YOUR Name
as number 6 on the list. (If you want to remain anonymous, put a
nickname, but the address MUST be correct. It, of course, MUST contain
your country, state/district/area, zip code, etc!!! You wouldn't want
your money to fly away, would you?!?!).

STEP 3: Now post your amended article to at least 200 newsgroups.
Remember, 200 postings is just a guideline. The more you post, the more
money you make!

Don't know HOW to post in the news groups? Well do exactly the
following:

HOW TO POST TO NEWSGROUPS FAST WITH YOUR WEB BROWSER:

The fastest way to post a newsletter:

Highlight and COPY(Ctrl-C) the text of this posted message and
PASTE(Ctrl-V) it into a plain text editor(as Wordpad) and save it.
After you have made the necessary changes that are stated above,
simply COPY(Ctrl-C) and PASTE(Ctrl-V) the text into the message
composition window, after selecting a newsgroup, and post it! (Or
you can attach the file, without writing anything to the message
window.)

If you have Netscape Navigator 3.0 do the following:

1. Click on any newsgroup like normal, then click on 'TO NEWS'. This
will bring up a box to type a message in.

2. Leave the newsgroup box like it is, change the subject box to
something flashy, something to catch the eye, as "$$$ NEED CASH
$$$?!!", "READ HERE!$!$!$" or "$$$!!!MAKE FAST CASH, YOU CAN'T
LOSE!!!$$$". Or you can use my subject title.

3. Now click on 'ATTACHMENTS'. Then click on 'ATTACH FILE'. Find your
file on your Hard Disk(the one you saved from the text editor). Once
you find it, click on it and then click 'OPEN' and 'OK'. You should
now see your file name in the attachments box.

4. Now click on 'SEND'/'POST'. You see? Now you just have 199 to
go!!!(Don't worry, it's easy and quick once you get used to it.)

NOTE: All the versions of Netscape Navigator's are similar to each
other, so you'll have no problem doing this if you don't have

Netscape

Navigator 3.0.

(FOR A QUICK TIP)!

Netscape Navigator 3.x and above)

You can post this message to many newsgroups at a time, by simply
selecting a newsgroup near the top of the screen, hold down the SHIFT,
and then select a newsgroup near the bottom of the screen. All of the
newsgroups in/between will be selected. After that, you follow/do the
basic steps, stated below in this letter, except step #1. You can go to
the page stated below in this letter and click on a newsgroup to open
up the newsgroups window. Once you've done this, in the same window go
to 'OPTIONS', and then mark 'SHOW ALL NEWSGROUPS' and 'SHOW ALL
MESSAGES'.

Now you can see all the newsgroups and you can apply easier the above
tip.

If you have MS Internet Explorer do the following:

1. Go to the newsgroups and press 'POST AN ARTICLE'. To the new
window type your headline in the subject area and then click in the
large window below. There either PASTE your letter(which it's been
copied from the text editor), or attach the file which contains it.

2. Then click on 'SEND' or 'OK'.

NOTE: All versions of MS Internet Explorer are similar to each other,
so you won't have any problem doing this.

GENERAL NOTES ON POSTING: A nice page where you'll find all the
newsgroups if you want help is http://www.liszt.com/ (When you go to
the home page, click on the link 'Newsgroup Directory'). But I don't
think you'll have any problem posting because it's very easy once
you've found the newsgroups. All these web browsers are similar. It
doesn't
matter which one you have. (But it makes it very easy if you have
Netscape Navigator 3.0 or later. You may download it from the Internet
if
you don't have it.) You just have to remember the basic steps, stated
below.
BASIC STEPS FOR POSTING:

1. Find a newsgroup and you click on it.

2. You click on 'POST A NEW ARTICLE' or 'TO NEWS' or anything else
similar to these.

3. You type your flashy headline in the subject box.

4. Now, either you attach the file containing your amended letter, or
you PASTE the letter.(You have to COPY it from the text editor, of
course, from before.)

5. Finally, you click on 'SEND' or 'POST' or 'OK', whatever is there.

The TOP 200 newsgroups can be found at ---> www.op.net/usenet-stats.html
*** BOTS ***
Bots are small computer programs on a usenet server.
1) Bots look for certain characters in the "Subject:" field of your
newsgroup posting.
2) Bots also look for "multiple postings".
3) If a Bot discovers any of the above, it will delete your posting.
4) Then send you a nasty e-mail.

***OUTSMART THE BOTS***
1) You will make a lot MORE money if you outsmart the BOTS.
2) Post your message only ONCE.
3) Do NOT use characters such as (! $ % + # & * @ ?) in the "Subject"
field.
4) This is what I use ---> Subject:Work from home

**REMEMBER, THE MORE NEWSGROUPS YOU POST IN, THE MORE MONEY YOU
WILL MAKE!! BUT YOU HAVE TO POST A MINIMUM OF 200**

That's it! You will begin receiving money from around the world within
day's! You may eventually want to rent a P.O. Box due to the large
amount of mail you receive. If you wish to stay anonymous, you can
invent a name to use, as long as the postman will deliver it.

**JUST MAKE SURE ALL THE ADDRESSES ARE CORRECT.**

=================
Now the WHY part:
=================

Out of 200 postings, say I receive only 5 replies (a very low
example). So then I made $5.00 with my name at #6 on the letter. Now,
each of the 5 persons who just sent me $1.00 make the MINIMUM 200
postings, each with my name at #5 and only 5 persons respond to each of
the original 5, that is another $25.00 for me, now those 25 each make
200 MINIMUM posts with my name at #4 and only 5 replies each, I will
bring in an additional $125.00! Now, those 125 persons turn around and
post the MINIMUM 200 with my name at #3 and only receive 5 replies
each, I will make an additional $626.00! OK, now here is the fun part,
each of those 625 persons post a MINIMUM 200 letters with my name at #2
and they each only receive 5 replies, that just made me $3,125.00!!!
Those 3,125 persons will all deliver this message to 200 newsgroups
with my name at #1 and if still 5 persons per 200 newsgroups react I
will
receive $15,625,00! With a original investment of only $6.00! AMAZING!
And as I said 5 responses is actually VERY LOW! Average is probable 20
to 30!

So lets put those figures at just 15 responses per person. Here is
what you will make:

at #6 $15.00
at #5 $225.00
at #4 $3,375.00
at #3 $50,625.00
at #2 $759,375.00
at #1 $11,390,625.00

When your name is no longer on the list, you just take the latest
posting in the newsgroups, and send out another $6.00 to names on the
list, putting your name at number 6 again. And start posting again.
The thing to remember is, do you realize that thousands of people all
over
the world are joining the internet and reading these articles everyday,
JUST LIKE YOU are now!! So can you afford $6.00 and see if it really
works?? I think so... People have said, "what if the plan is played out
and no one sends you the money? So what! What are the chances of that
happening when there are tons of new honest users and new honest people
who are joining the internet and newsgroups everyday and are willing to
give it a try? Estimates are at 20,000 to 50,000 new users, every day,
with thousands of those joining the actual internet.

Remember, play FAIRLY and HONESTLY and this will work. You just have to
be honest.

** By the way, if you try to deceive people by posting the messages
with your name in the list and not sending the money to the rest of the
people already on the list, you will NOT get as much. Someone I talked
to knew someone who did that and he only made about $150.00, and that's
after seven or eight weeks! Then he sent the 6 $1.00 bills, people
added him to their lists, and in 4-5 weeks he had over $10k.

This is the fairest and most honest way I have ever seen to share the
wealth of the world without costing anything but our time!!! You also
may want to buy mailing and e-mail lists for future dollars.

Make sure you print this article out RIGHT NOW! Also, try to keep a
list of everyone that sends you money and always keep an eye on the
newsgroups to make sure everyone is playing fairly.
Remember, HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY. You don't need to cheat the
basic idea to make the money!!

GOOD LUCK to all and please play fairly and reap the huge rewards
from this, which is tons of extra CASH.

Please remember to declare your extra income. Thanks once again...

of names?

That's up to you."

So, build your mailing list, keep good accounts, declare the income
and pay your taxes. By doing this you prove your business intentions.
Keep an eye on the newsgroups and when the cash has stopped coming
(that means your name is no longer on the list), you just take the
latest posting at the newsgroups, send another $6.00 to the names
stated on the list, make your corrections (put your name at #6) and
start posting again.

NOTES:

*1. In some countries, the export of the country's exchange is
illegal. But you can get the license to do this from the post office,
explaining the above statements (that you have an online business,
etc. You may have to pay an extra tax, but that's OK, the amount of
the incoming money is HUGE! And as I said, a few countries have that
restriction.

*2. You may want to buy mailing and e-mail lists for future dollars.
(Or Database or Spreadsheet software.)

*3. If you're really not sure or still think this can't be for real,
please print a copy of this article and pass it along to someone who
really needs the money, and see what happens.

*4. You will start getting responses within 1-2 weeks, it depends.

JUST ONE OTHER THING:

Let's remember that there are many people far less fortunate than
ourselves who will never be able to afford a computer and hence will be
unable to join in our enterprise. Therefore please consider donating a
(significant) portion of your earnings from the venture to charity.

End of the Message...