Here goes Apple again...

By setting the load-base to 500000 I got it to pass that stage - I'm still
confused why the ELF header ( a local variable ) is at 0x3ffxxx, though.
There were two more problems.

First of all, copying the kernel to 0x100000 was default catching, and I
soon found out why.  The area isn't mapped! With loadbase at 500000, as far
as I can tell, only that area and 0x0 to 0x3fff and 0x20000 to something
not too far away from it are.

The next thing I discovered is that on a mac, setting real-mode? to true
actually works!  It booted in real mode, or at least a 1-1 mapping, as far
as I can tell. (Note: don't just setenv and type boot, physically reboot
for that change to take effect).

This time it got to printing the destination address (0x100000) and froze.
I'm guessing it actually got into the kernel and the memory mapping was
doing something un-apple-friendly.  Didn't catch or anything, just hung
totally.  I  will begin to fool around with it later this week, perhaps.

Any further ideas?  Also, just confirming, 0x100000 should actually be the
entry point, correct?

Dan

| Dan Jacobowitz                 | drow%drow.net@localhost                    |
|  Administrator Extraordinaire  | Web site coming someday          |
| My opinions are my own -       | Day Job: http://www.wwwcomm.com  |
| My mistakes are someone else's |                                  |