Subject: Re: Success stage 1!
To: Dan Jacobowitz <>
From: Henry B. Hotz <>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/07/1998 10:39:32
At 4:57 AM -0800 1/7/98, Dan Jacobowitz wrote:
>Speaking of which, what about the copyright issues involved?  Even though
>there is no notice in the ld.script I assume it is GNU copylefted.  We

Fair Use Doctrine allows copying/modification for individual
experimentation as long as you got it legally in the first place.

I suspect, given the context, that the copyleft restrictions could be
deemed to apply even though it was released without having them
specifically listed.

Feasibility of a new signature is currently being evaluated., or