Re: IEEE 1275 Standards

> Someone was lamenting the cost of buying the IEEE Open Firmware Standard.
> I believe you can get the 2nd-to-last draft of the standard here as well as
> the list of changes:
>
> http://playground.sun.com/pub/1275/

These are the www pages of the Openfirmware Working Group, i.e. the people
that do further development on IEEE1275.  There are no drafts (as far as I can
tell) of the standard itself on these pages, only drafts of modifications
and additional documents such as "bindings", i.e. proposed implementations
for specific processors, busses, devices and so on.  While these documents
are clearly quite helpful, to do real work on OpenFirmware you really need
the standard itself (or some other more complete reference).

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
ws%TooLs.DE@localhost     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH)       +49-228-985800