Subject: Re: The Kernel for powermacs
To: None <port-powerpc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/03/1998 00:25:49
                                     Sat Jan  3 00:17:38 1998

> Also.  Where can I find a good piece of Open Firmware documentation?

I am afraid we have to buy documentation from IEEE. They care
income from copyrighted documentation of Standard.

> Besides linuxppc that is.  I would like to play around with this but I
> can't even remember the command to check the properties of a device in the
> user interface...Apple DOES do at least that much.

I am afraid you already know, but in
ftp://samba.anu.edu.au/pub/linux-pmac/INSTALL

devalias                print the list of device aliases
dev device              make <device> be the current device
                        (`..' means the parent of the current device)
ls                      display descendents of the current device
.properties             display the properties of the current device
Makoto Fujiwara, Chiba Japan