Subject: Re: The Kernel for powermacs
To: ws@kurt.tools.de, Dan Jacobowitz <youngdrow@geocities.com>
From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@tpgi.com.au>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/02/1998 20:44:07
Excerpts from mail: 1-Jan-98 Re: The Kernel for powermacs Dan
Jacobowitz@geocities (2741*)

> It certainly did help, and I've been looking/poking at it...
> Following later suggestions in this thread I tried the over-simplistic
> solution of just changing that bit in the MSR; probably obviously, it
> failed, although not quite so obviously it got the exact same error.

Just BTW, it might be interesting to poke a simulated (PSIM) boot
(contact me next week for details, I'll be in the USA) to see what
happens when the MSR bit is changed - could turn out that code restoring
registers has a problem.

		Andrew