Subject: Re: PowerMacintosh, anyone?
To: None <port-powerpc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: era eriksson <era@iki.fi>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 12/08/1997 08:37:34
On Sun, 7 Dec 1997 17:57:44 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time),
Peter Abrahamsen <p1rabbit@halcyon.com> wrote:
 > On Sat, 6 Dec 1997, bigj wrote:
 >> I'll be interested in seeing one being done, but the linux port is doing
 >> so well that it'll be hard to get people to move from it.  I also think
 >   I am not completely pessimistic; it just seems a little pointless with
 > such a big project (actually, two big projects) already going...

I think there are more people than Bill S. and me who are already
running NetBSD-mac68k and would like to have the same environment on
PowerMacs, too. The NetBSD concept seems more likely to be able to
move to new platforms in the future as they appear; I'm frankly a bit
surprised this particular project doesn't seem to be moving very much.
(Blame some of it on the spam problems of this list. I contacted
netbsd.org to get them to filter out anything that comes in gated from
Usenet, but they were not very interested. I'm under the impression
that other NetBSD lists are subscriber-only, does anybody have any
insights? Either on what the other lists are doing or on how one could
get muc.* -- whatever that is -- to set up their Usenet gate of the
list as moderated, or whatever.)

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>