Subject: St. Anthony of Padua
To: None <muc-lists-netbsd-port-powerpc@uunet.uu.net>
From: None <stanthony@jumpnet.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 09/03/1997 10:54:15
September 1, 1997

	We need your help NOW! The Order of St. Anthony/St. Anthony Center is an ecumenical tax exempt Religious Order dedicated to helping the oppressed. One group of oppressed is the alcoholics and addicts. A few months ago we entered into an escrow contract with owner financing, to purchase 152 acres just southeast of Austin.  This property would provide a larger home for the monastery and those who want to work with us, as well as property on which to develop the first St. Anthony Detox and Recovery Center. This contract requires a $250,000 down payment.
	We planned an 84 hour music festival for this weekend called The Cow Pasture Special.We were featuring Blood Sweat & Tears, the Ricky Van Shelton Band, Willie Nelson and many local groups. This would have covered the down payment and more. At the last minute our financial backers for the festival reneged on their commitments. We could not find alternative backing fast enough and had to cancel the festival. Now we are asking for donations or loans of approximately $300,000 to cover the down payment and liabilities we acquired in having to cancel the festival.Closing on the property is this Thursday, 9/4/97.
	If you or people you know have a special interest in the desperate need for detox and recovery facilities, please contact us immediately at (512) 467-0613; FAX (512) 467-9027; 7511 Carriage Drive; Austin, Texas 78752 or e-mail at stanthony@jumpnet.com.
For The St. Anthony Center:
With Love and Peace; I am, Br. Michael, OSA