Subject: Re: noise level
To: bigj <bigj@scw.ucsd.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 08/29/1997 10:44:35
> Now, what I'd like to know is: Is there a BSD port to pci powermacs or not?

Not currently.  The PowerPC port is for OpenFirmware, but not for the
version/implementation of OpenFirmware found on the PCI PowerMacs.  It's
possible that if the kernel can get past the startup stage, the port
will work OK, but I kind of doubt it after the problems that it has when
booting (I think that the memory implementations are different).

I don't know if anyone else is looking into it, but I am planning on
diving back into development work on this in October.  Actually, I'm
planning on taking a different tack--using as much as I can of the
current code, but working on a native PowerMac port (not OpenFirmware).

> there is suck a think where can one get it from?

Perhaps you mean "such a thing" instead of "suck a think".

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com