Subject: Re: status?
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 08/01/1997 19:38:19
> Since the Q660 is basically the same thing, would it make sense to start
> talking about drivers & dual use licenses?

I'd say, get something working first.  The 660AV and 840AV are probably
more like the 6100-8100 and there's a BSD-style license on the MkLinux
code (not the linux server, but definitely on the microkernel).  If we
end up using the Linux/pmac drivers, yes, we should talk to them, but I
don't see any problem with waiting until then...  ;-)  I don't think
there will be a problem if we do want that--at least Paul M., I think,
would be happy to see the code in BSD, too.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com