Subject: Any chance to run on a PowerBook 1400c?
To: None <port-powerpc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: era eriksson <era@iki.fi>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 07/07/1997 18:09:58
I'm out to buy my self some sort of Unix portable and would for
various reasons like to buy a Mac (my girlfriend needs to use it as
well and I'm not going to try to port her to Windoze :-)

I can get a good deal on a 1400c but to my dismay, I'm finding out
that neither of the Linux ports seem to run on this beast (603e
processor -- I do believe it has Open Firmware). I'd prefer NetBSD
anyway, so here goes the question: Will it work? Would it be hard to
test? (I found some fairly good instructions on the PPC/Linux site
which I'm assuming are good for any Open Firmware-based system.)

Be gentle with me, I'm only a userland type. As such, I'd like to hear
if you think this system is stable enough if I can indeed get it to
run in the first place. (In other words, will the kernel panic if I
try to run sed and cat at the same time? If it won't, I'm ready to
give it a try.)

Grateful for any help,

/* era */

--