Subject: Re: NetBSD/be
To: None <port-powerpc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kazuki Sakamoto <sakamoto@cec.co.jp>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 07/02/1997 12:46:39
jehamby@lightside.com wrote:
 > > Can I install LinuxPPC via CD-ROM to BeBox?
 >
 > If you can boot LinuxPPC, you should be able to install it from the
 > CD-ROM.  I recommend downloading the boot floppies from their FTP site
 > to see if your machine is compatible.  The biggest problem seems to be
 > video card support, because on my BeBox (Diamond Stealth 64 Video card,
 > Trio64V+ chipset), it stayed at the Be Logo, and I couldn't see any
 > kernel messages.  I'm sure they support SCSI CD-ROM drives on BeBox, I
 > don't know about IDE CD-ROMs.

I see. Thank you for giving me information.

 > How does your NetBSD port handle this?  Do you use a serial console, or
 > do you support VGA cards?  If so, which models?

Boot disk which seems to be the same as LinuxPPC/BeBox is being used.
I was changed so that it could exec ELF binary from the file system
of cd9660 and (big endian) ufs, by using NetBSD stand library.

VGA card being supported is really the same as the thing of LinuxPPC/BeBox.

It thinks that serial console is possible.
# Though it has never been tried :)

I made page of NetBSD/be.
<URL:http://www.cec.co.jp/usr/sakamoto/NetBSD/>

Kazuki Sakamoto