Subject: Re: Motorola issues
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 06/09/1997 16:59:53
On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Markus Illenseer wrote:

>  After the FirePower issues - the Motorola issues. I have a Motorola
> Atlas PPC board. Currently I am running the MMCG Firmware, and haven't
> been able to upgrade to OFW using a floppy Motorola send me.

[snip]

>  Questions by questions... any takers?

If there's an uncompresssed (or standardly compressed) image of the flash
rom on there, could you take the floppy to an EPROM/FlashROM programmer
and just program a chip that way? It looses the convenience of a FlashROM,
but it'd get around a chicken-and-egg problem.

Just a thought.

Take care,

Bill