Subject: Re: Motorola MTX board support?
To: Bill Rees <bill_rees@firepower.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 05/28/1997 22:44:24
> If the mtx board is from the embedded group, it does not use open
> firmware most likely.  If the board is newer than 2 years and is part of
> a stand alone system, it probably will support open firmware.

 As far as I know, there are only 2 boards from the computer systems
group of Motorola (Phoenix, I've been there 1995) which do support
OFW: Atlas and Ultra. I have the Atlas Board here, but am unable to
install OFW (I have a legal copy) because I have a BETA-MMCG Firmware
running :-|  - Beware of testing systems :-)

 I do not have an knowledge about the MTX Board - likely subject to
be changed when I contact my Motorola-freaks here in germany :)

> The big problem is the lack of a fully functional powerpc NetBSD
> version.

 Oh? It runs on my FirePower. Ok, I havent been able to check with
-current yet.

 Darn, I need to re-write/enhance my NetBSD/PPC-FAQ.

--
Markus Illenseer