Re: *BSD supporting 603[3]?

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997 14:15:30 +0100
 ws%kurt.tools.de@localhost (Wolfgang Solfrank) wrote:

 > NetBSD/powerpc assumes OpenFirmware to run in real mode.  It even goes to
 > some length to emulate real mode OpenFirmware on machines that can only run
 > OpenFirmware in virtual mode.  (It doesn't do this completely, but the
 > callback functions aren't supported on these systems anyway (at least not on
 > those that I've seen)).

...this reminds me... I have a Firepower LX sitting a few feet away..
Bill Rees mentioned this particular box has a newer firmware revision
than the MX you did the port with... Apparently, this firmware
revision uses BATs to handle its mappings, which I understand is
different from previous revisions of the firmware.

So, the main question I have is:

        "Should I expect trouble?"

and the second is:

        "If yes, how difficult do you estimate it will be to fix?"

Jason R. Thorpe
thorpej%nas.nasa.gov@localhost