Subject: Re: PPC
To: None <port-powerpc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/23/1997 15:47:39
Hi,

> Got a couple of questions... i got a 603e processor for my PPC, and it says
> on www.netbsd that 603's are supported but i cant find the NetBSD release
> for it.  One is this true and two if so where can I find NetBSD for my
> 603e?  Thanks for your time and concern, reply ASAP if at all possible :)

[.sig to large error: must be smaller than 3 lines :-)]

There's no release out yet, but you can get the scr for it. It's in the
netbsd-current tree. Maybe there are even some installation hints, but
you might need another machine to build the stuff. Maybe there's also
a snapshot available somewhere, but I dunno where.

And also note, that currently only machines with open-boot are supported.
And AFAIK it does not yet run on PowerMacs, not even the PCI ones, but
support for this is being worked on, albeit slowly, as the main developer
(can I say so Wolfgang :-), does not have access to such a machine.
A loan of a PowerMac would dratically speed up the development.

  Guenther