Subject: Re: PPC
To: None <port-powerpc@NetBSD.ORG, Obelisk@sorcery.net>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/23/1997 15:20:07
> Got a couple of questions... i got a 603e processor for my PPC, and it says
> on www.netbsd that 603's are supported but i cant find the NetBSD release
> for it.  One is this true and two if so where can I find NetBSD for my
> 603e?  Thanks for your time and concern, reply ASAP if at all possible :)

What sort of machine do you have?  NetBSD/powerpc is far from working on all
603 machines.  It only is known to work on machines from FirePower (ESxxxx and
MXxxxx machines, but the others probably, too) and Motorola Ultra and Atlas
boards.

But there is no "NetBSD release" of NetBSD/powerpc.  It's just under
development.  NetBSD-current sources do have some version of the kernel
support for NetBSD/powerpc, but it is a bit outdated.  I'm in the process
to switch from a.out format to ELF, and there are some additional changes.
Unfortunately, I don't have as much time to donate to the project as I used
to, so it'll be some time till you can get a working version of it :-(.

Ciao,
Wolfgang

PS: Could you please truncate your signature a bit?  Some people have to pay
for the KB transferred.  Thanks.
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800