NetBSD/powerpc on Macintosh 7500?

Hi,

I have an acquaintance who would like to run NetBSD on their Power
Macintosh 7500, which has been upgraded from a 601 to a 604 (supposed to
be identical to the 7600).

Although I've been subscribed to this list for forever, I didn't pay
much attention when this issue came up before.  I think the problem was
that the powerpc port used a different executable format than the Mac ROM
expected.  Does anyone know the current status?

Thank you,

--
Steve Carlson
stevec%accessone.com@localhost