Subject: Re: NetBSD/powerpc on Macintosh 7500?
To: None <port-powerpc@NetBSD.ORG, stevec@accessone.com>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 01/02/1997 13:53:04
> Although I've been subscribed to this list for forever, I didn't pay
> much attention when this issue came up before.  I think the problem was
> that the powerpc port used a different executable format than the Mac ROM
> expected.  Does anyone know the current status?

OK, I'm (very!) slowly :-( working on making it run on OpenFirmware Macs
(i.e. Macs with PCI bus), apart of the other work I've got to do (I'm
in the process of rewriting the thing to use elf instead of a.out format, and
I've got to clean up the userland stuff to be able to check that one in, too).

But since I neither own nor have available a Mac, I have to rely on others
to check out the code I hack together, and you probably can imagine that
this doesn't make debugging the thing any easier.

So don't expect anything anytime soon :-(

Sorry,
Wolfgang
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800