Subject: Empty bootargs ....
To: None <port-powerpc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@tpgi.com.au>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 12/19/1996 09:53:15
Hello,

I've been trying to run the NetBSD kernel without using the boot.ppc
loader (for me it is just easier :-).  In doing this, I wasn't passing
any bootargs (oops).  Any way, I noticed the following:

o	In autoconf.c:setroot() there is an unsafe loop:

	  for (cp = bootpath + strlen(bootpath); --cp >= bootpath;) {

	vs

	  for (cp = bootpath + strlen(bootpath) + 1; --cp >= bootpath;) {

o	The size argument (r7?) should probably be passed into
	the function machdep.c:initppc().  That function in turn
	doing some sort of sanity check.

	(I've now hacked my local version to obtain the value from
	elsewhere but that isn't relevant).

enjoy,

	Andrew