Re: The Firepower bugs - especially saving interrupt vectors?

Excerpts from mail: 17-Dec-96 Re: The Firepower bugs - es..
ws%kurt.tools.de@localhost (917*)

> > Can I suggest that the two be separated.  The second (save of the
> > interrupt vectors) being done *after* VM has been turned off.

> Note that this is ONLY done for the MMU trap vectors.  I imagine this as
> part of the MMU state, so I cannot see any advantage in separating these
> two.

Ooops, should have explained the problem.

The copy code assumes that the interrupt vectors were included in the
virtual address space.  The `firmware' I'm running doesn't do this.

Doing the copy with VM disabled was just one possible way of getting
around this.

BTW, are the MMU trap vectors part of the VM state?  Perhaphs this is
one to throw at p1275.
                thanks,
                        Andrew