Subject: Re: Re^2: NetBSD-Mach?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Tom Rini <trini@ntplx.net>
List: port-powerpc
Date: 12/11/1996 15:17:01
On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, Jason Thorpe wrote:

>So, I was looking through the sources available on the mlklinux ftp
>server, and unless I really missed something, one or both of the following
>are true:
>
>	(a) The Mach kernel is distributed separately.

Hmm, the DR1 and 2 installers have a copy, Updates/XXXXXX.update/ have a
Mach Kernel, the diffs since the last update, and total src.

>	(b) The Mach kernel they're using is unlike any Mach kernel
>	    I've ever seen.  (I couldn't find the pmap, for example.)

Well, I caught nick stephens on irc, and asked him, and he said you were
looking in the wrong place (i don't know the right one, but i'm not a
coder.)

>If (b) is true, it's not likely that porting Lites to it will be all that
>easy.

Welp, Nick suggjested it to me when multi-servers first started working.

>Though, I really could be missing something... from my study of the
>sources, there seemed to be _lots_ of pieces missing (low-level,
>essential stuff).  Can someone here post the canonical location of
>_all_ of the pieces needed to run mklinux on a NuBus Powermac?

Mail nick and ask him, i'm sure he'd be glad to answer technical
questions.

-Tartarus

Homepage:	http://www.grayphics.com/~tartarus/
		http://www.macintosh.net/mklinux/