Subject: Re: PCI mac RISC's
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 96 14:06:10 +0100
From: Florent Pillet <fpillet%teaser.fr@localhost>
Cc: <mklinux-development-system%ltg.apple.com@localhost>
Sender: owner-mklinux-development-system%mklinux.apple.com@localhost

>> When are they planning on making support for PCI Pmacs?
>
>I don't recall exactly where, offhand, but there is already at least one
>(VERY) beta version of MkLinux for the PCI Mac.  Someone help me out here
>with the address?

Go to <ftp://cap.anu.edu.au/pub/linux-pmac/>. On my 7600 (604/120), the
version of vmlinux in the 'old' folder started booting until swap
activated, then everything stopped. The new kernel build does not even
boot.

But reports say that on 601 PCI PowerMacs, it works. Beware that you'll
probably need a second machine to talk to Open Firmware if you have boot
problems.

Florent.

Florent Pillet
Freelance Developer - Paris, France.