Port-pmax archive

Re: Regarding the ULTRIX and OSF1 compats

On 3/16/19 11:53 AM, Maxime Villard wrote:
> I believe there is actually a strong cultural difference at play in e).
> To me,
> I perceive what you said in e) as something totally awful and crappy, that
> will dissuade every skilled developer from working on NetBSD because
> they can't
> even remove code without waiting decades. We are in 2019, the earth is
> spinning
> faster and faster, we must open doors and move forward, not be stuck in the
> previous century with a ton of things we don't even maintain because,
> like it
> or not, *no one wants to maintain them*. I find it absolutely filthy,
> even more

  Ahh, the old saw of "time marches on", used everywhere for decades by
insecure people to justify trashing everything that came before them.

  If that's really your argument, move to Linux and be done with it,
like just about everyone else.  Seriously.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA