Port-pmax archive

Re: Regarding the ULTRIX and OSF1 compats

> On Mar 16, 2019, at 6:43 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt%softjar.se@localhost> wrote:
>
> Make it work - don't remove it.

That's rich.  With some of the things we're talking about, "make it work" (or "keep it working") is a very resource-intensive proposition.

Hey, I have an idea... since you care so much about it, why don't YOU step up and "make it work" / "keep it working".

Seriously, at some point, those who care about these things so much need to be putting in the effort to keep them going.  It's completely unfair to others working on the rest of there system to place the entire burden on them, especially when we're talking about things that are, by their nature, niche applications that require special resources.

-- thorpej