Port-pmax archive

Re: Regarding the ULTRIX and OSF1 compats

Le 10/03/2019 à 11:25, Björn Johannesson a écrit :
Hello.

COMPAT_ULTRIX (mips) works fine which I recently discovered after shuffling
some disks and NetBSD8 mounted the ULTRIX disk as /

This more likely means that it was an old UFS disk that we do support by
default in our UFS/FFS code, but I hardly see how this could be related to
COMPAT_ULTRIX.

Which MIPS are you talking about by the way? Pmax I guess? Because
COMPAT_ULTRIX is disabled on the majority of our MIPSs.

Not that I have terribly much use for it (except maybe maple) but I would
still like it to be kept in.

I would tend to think that a good reason needs to go a bit farther than just
"I'd like to keep it in"...

When it comes to Maple, it is already available on Linux, and we do have
COMPAT_LINUX.

In fact, nowadays, the vast majority of proprietary binaries compiled on
UNIX-like systems are available on Linux, and we do support Linux emulation,
so we're covered for the most part.