Port-pmax archive

Re: Crashing 5000/240

Hello Björn,

> Finally got around to getting NetBSD on this machine I got several years ago.(Which was a pain since I lost my external scsi-cdrom during my last move.)
> I installed on gxemul and then dd:d the diskimage to an external Sun enclosure.
> It does however crash during boot.See https://twitter.com/herdware/status/886349200585367554
> I briefly talked to tnn@ and he had some vague memory about a local patch he had but couldn't find it now.
> The problem seems to be some bus_space info that is inaccurate?

I tested a daily -8 from yesterday on my Pers. DS5000/33, and it works well.

My machine has the same "le at ioasic at tc" your crash shows, and is
similar CPU-wise (R3000A).
The crash also shows "normal_bus_mem_read_4", which is part of
macallan's switch of pmax to common mips bus_space (some time ago,
works well on my machine and gxemul so far). It could be worth a try
switching back to old pmax bus_space and see what your machine does.
Having said that, TC (and also pmax) is quite a mess, as many drivers
are not bus_space'ified yet and e. g. rely on MIPS' linear address
space...

Felix