Port-pmax archive

Re: Is pmax alive?

>  OK, I've given it a stab, try the patch below. [...]

Thanks a lot, will try this out soon!
In the meantime, I have been sent a workaround for locore.S off-list.
In the context of:

    mfc0    v0, MIPS_COP_0_STATUS
    or    v0, MIPS_SR_INT_IE
    mtc0    v0, MIPS_COP_0_STATUS
#endif
    COP0_SYNC

    jal    _C_LABEL(main)            # main(void)

and as far as I understand, if you omit and patch the "mtc0"
instruction above with zeroes (= nop), the kernel will be able to boot
to multi-user. It seems to workaround the problem by leaving
interrupts disabled when entering main and the kernel will later
enable them (?). Maybe this fits into your findings and/or can help to
investigate further.

Felix