Port-pmax archive

Re: config(5) break down

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Aaron J. Grier wrote:

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 06:05:16PM +0200, Matthias Drochner wrote:
Didn't try NetBSD-5 yet.

I'm cross-compiling up NetBSD-4, and will try it on my 5000/200.  I
think I had NetBSD-3 on it last, and that was able to self-host.  I
still get a kick out of having 480MB of RAM in a 25MHz machine, but
sadly have no practical application for it.

I've been running NetBSD 4.0_BETA on a 5000/150 for some time, and wanted to update to NetBSD-5.0_STABLE so I could get WAPBL and RaidFrame parity map [a 6GB raid5 volumne takes quite a while to rewrite parity].
I've been able to boot a kernel, but have problems going to multiuser.
It's a mail machine and runs clamd, which takes more and more memory.
It kind of looks like possibly a problem in bt_insbusy() called from vmem_xalloc() when memory gets tight. I haven't had much time to try
to debug this yet (the RaidFrame parity really hurts here).  I also
tried a NetBSD-4.0_STABLE kernel, with the same results. I noticed there were a number of changes in subr_vmem.c between my 4.0_BETA and 4.0_STABLE.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant