Port-pmax archive

Re: 3MIN 5000/125 power supply?

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 03:47:26PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> I wrote back in 2006:
> > Unfortunately, power supply unit on my 3MIN (5000/125) seems dead.
> > (no voltage output, no fans and LED; fuses look ok)
> >
> > Is there any info about repair, replacement, or pin assignment etc?
> [...]
> Yesterday I bought a cheap ATX power unit and replaced
> the internal circuit board in the PSU of 3MIN (with misc ugly tricks),
> and finally my 3MIN has been revived after three year sleep and
> now it's running 5.0 :-)

thank you for these links.  I have quite a bit of DEC around, and it is
nice to know that I can can keep them going.  (I have already lost a
power supply in one of my storage expansion boxes.)

I have a 5000/240 (3MAX) still running 1.4.3A that I have been
postponing upgrading for a long time now.  how is NetBSD 5.0 running for
you on your DECStation?  would you reccomend it as a stable upgrade?

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost